Lose Weight Despite Your Family and Friends
When you decide to embark on a weight loss journey, your family and friends may not fully understand the changes you are making and what they should expect. They can inadvertently or even intentionally sabotage your efforts. Follow these steps to be successful:
- Set your schedule. When are you going to grocery shop? When are you going to meal prep? When are you scheduling your meals?
- Explain the 3 Ws to your family: WHAT you are doing, WHEN you are doing it (your start date, your meal prep times, etc.), and WHY you are doing it.
- Ask them to help you stay true to your plan so you will reach your goal and (1) look and feel better, (2) have more energy, (3) be happier, and (4) have increased self-confidence.
- Set your plan. Follow your nutrition plan by setting aside time each week to grocery shop and meal prep.
- Cook for YOU. This is your first priority, however know that you can often make food for your family at the same time. Examples are baking chicken breasts or potatoes for everyone.
- Mark your food in the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry. Use a marker if necessary!
- HOLD YOUR GROUND. Don’t give in to their suggestions of “just one beer” or “let’s go for ice cream”. Remember your long-term goal.
A year from now, you’ll wish you would have started this today!